From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Hi,I'm having problems controlling the Agilent E4422B Signal Generator with Labview. When using the Labview driver functions such as initialize instrument I always get an Error -1074135040.

I can query the device through the measurement and automation tool. I can also Identify the instrument by issuing a *IDN? with VISA write and read. Why do I get this error while using the drivers supplied by NI for this equipment? Any Ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,176 Views)
I'm guessing you installed the IVI driver for the Agilent signal generator. Based on the error, it is likely that you do not have VISA (or some other dependent software component) installed on your system. When VISA is not present on a system, the IVI engine fails to load. This causes functions that use the IVI engine error -1074135040 (xBFFA0000). You can download NI-VISA from NI's support and downloads page.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,175 Views)
Hi JAF,

When getting an Error -1074135040 for an Agilent E4422B Signal Generator with LabVIEW there are a couple of things that you can try. I am assuming you are using LabVIEW 7.0.

1. Ensure that you have IVI Compliance Package 2.0 & VISA 2.6.0 (these are the minimum versions needed). Reference the link below (E4422B Driver page) for more information on these software packages. http://zone.ni.com/idnet97.nsf/9b2b33e1993d877786256436006ec498/112f13696873175686256bff00584c89?OpenDocument
If this does not resolve the issue go to step 2.

2. Use NI Spy by doing the following: open MAX, go to your GPIB device, right click on the device, and choose NI Spy. This will bring up the spy window. Choose spy, options, enable file logging (check mark in file logg
ing box), and then click ok. Start NI Spy by clicking the blue arrow at the top of the window and try to run the commands that are giving errors. This will record all of the GPIB communication and associated errors and write them to file. Attach the file to the post for review. For more information on using NI Spy access the following link:
http://www.ni.com/support/vxi/spy/spy.htm

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Brooks W.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,176 Views)
Hi, Brooks.
Attached please find the files containing all the information concerning my attempt to control the Agilent E4438C. Hope you can make sense of it and help me.

Regards
isaac
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,976 Views)

Hi,

If this driver supports multiple instrument models, then you will probably have to set the model in the default settings in MAX.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 06-22-2006 01:54 PM

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,964 Views)
Hello Isaac,
From the Spy capture it appears that you are sending an Asynchronous write command.  The error that appears indicates that the write was successful, but was actually synchronous rather than asynchronous.  This is probably due to a configuration setting for the instrument.  As Ray points out, you may need to clarify which instrument you are using if this driver supports multiple models or check your instrument's configuration.

Regards,
Angela
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,933 Views)