LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Deployment completed with errors" error when deloying a statechart on a RT target after modification typedef

I have problems when deploying a statechart to a Compact Fieldpoint real time controller (cFP-2120 controller). When deploying the main RT vi to the target (using the run button of the vi) it downloads the code until the end. The last line of the "deployment progress dialog box" is: "Deployment completed with errors". (perhaps indicating a CRC error ?) When clicking Close-button the RTmain.vi is not running.

The problems occured when I added two more variables inside a typedef-ed cluster which is part of the "inputs.ctl" (and part of the StateChart.lvsc).The output.ctl cluster is a big cluster containing multiple (nested) clusters (typedef-ed) because the application is a high count input output control system. The statechart contains all the logic.

Disabeling (using Diagram Disable structure) and the code deployes without errors and runs ... removing the 2 added contols inside the typedef-ed cluster and the code runs ...  So it seems an issue with the typedef-ed cluster and the statechart ... is there maybe a maximum numbers of controls allowed inside the "inputs.ctl"of the statechart?

For the record, I'm using:

LabVIEW 2009 SP1 with LabVIEW RT 2009 SP1 and StateChart SP1 module

Fieldpoint driver version 6.0.7

cFP-2120 controller with extra cFP-180x ethernet chassis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,571 Views)

An update what I found myself until now (maybe this info triggers somebody to have an idea ...

What I did is deploying parts of the code until I see this error. Suprisingly I found that deploying the "inputs.ctl" inside StateChart.lvsc doesn't give a "Deployment completed with errors" message. However deploying the Diagram inside StateChart.lvsc does... Disabeling debugging for the StateChart, regenerate code and deploy again ... still the "Deployment completed with errors" message.

Somebody an idea ...

Thanks,

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,559 Views)

Dear Roger,

we had a lot of e-mail contact regarding this issue, I'm just adding this post for those out there seeking for an answer to a similar problem; after some great help from Nick this issue has been reported in a Corrective Action Request; CAR# 258696; the problem appears when deploying large VI's to your RT target.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,463 Views)

Just as an update for everyone:

We reproduced this behavior and determined it to be caused by the target taking too long to respond to network messages from the host, and the host then deciding to close the network connection, believing the target had been lost. There are a number of different things that can be tried as workarounds. The first and simplest is to try to break any very large VIs into smaller subVIs if possible.

There are a couple different ways to fix the core underlying issue so we are currently evaluating those. Thanks much to Roger for his patience working with us on this.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,442 Views)