LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Application Directory" Function Sometimes Breaks

This problem occurs in my giant app, but when I pull out the problematic code (attached) and run it separately, it works fine.

When I drill down (from the real app), I find that "vi.lib\Utility\lvfile.llb\Is File an LLB.vi" claims to be part of "NI_File Type.lvlib" but that library does not claim to own it.

Here's how the problem shows up:  I have a static reference to a VI, from which I get its path.  I open a (strictly typed) reference to it in an alternate application context.  But it's broken in that context

Drilling down through the subVIs, I find that the built-in function (really a .vi) "Application Directory" is broken.

It's further down under that* where I find that "Is File an LLB.vi" is broken.

I'm suspecting it's due to instances of various things open/running in various contexts, but I can't track it down.

* Yeah, I know I'm not supposed to go there.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(848 Views)

Is the error occurring in the development environment, or the run-time?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(798 Views)

@pauldavey wrote:

Is the error occurring in the development environment, or the run-time?

In the runtime enviroponment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(769 Views)

It turns out that in the real app, depending on what project it loads into the alternate context, there may be trimmed down copies of .lvlib files from vi.lib.  And the "Application Directory" function has dependencies that could be missing in that context.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(666 Views)