LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions about the communication problems between the RT and the FPGA in LabVIEW 8.2.1

I am using the LabVIEW 8.2.1, let me introduce my tasks that I need to do:
  1. I need to pass 3 arrays with 100 elements from my PC to the RT and I do it successfully
  2. Next I need to pass those 3 arrays by RT point by point to FPGA as FPGA only accept point but NOT an array from RT.
  3. Make the 3 arrays stored inside a FIFO buffer in FPGA
  4. Read the FIFO in RT

I know I have some problems in the communication part from RT to FPGA.

I have tried to generate the the elements in FGPA, stored it in FIFO in FPGA and read it in RT and I did it successfully. But if the elements are generated from RT, sent to FPGA FIFO and read it in RT FIFO buffer, it seems that I did not do it successfully.

May you tell me why do fail to read it successfully?

The frequency sending the points to FPGA from RT is 1kHz and the elements writing the data into the FPGA  FIFO buffer is also 1k Hz.

And then, do I successfully run the VI in FPGA by using the following blocks in RT VI without open the VI in FPGA?
  1. Open the FPGA reference in RT> 2. invoke method: Download to target> 3. invoke method:  Run on the target?>,,,,,,,,> Last.  close the VI reference.     

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,337 Views)
If you have implemented the delivery via array control it isn't a suprise that the compilation of the FPGA has failed.
You didn't write anything on your used hardware, especially the RT system which is important for the solution and the datatype of the array.
To add your project would be also an option.

Please submit those information otherwise it is impossible to give you an appropriate solution for your problem.

Thanks,
ThSa

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,027 Views)