From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

property node changes

I am using the Keithley 20xx IVI driver for interfacing with the Keithey 2015 via RS-232.

I have set up all property nodes with constants to program the various parameters, for example setting trigger values, autozero on etc.

When I start to connect all the error and reference clusters of the individual property nodes, the constants suddenly show a red cross en thus become invalid. I have tried different ways to connect the error and refence clusters, but I can not get to a point that all property nodes stay valid. 

I have also made a conenction with the I/O assistent. This returns other values than the instrument has in its buffer, so I assume when using the I/O assistant there is something wrong with the transmission.

I have also made a transmission in quick basic,and this works well, all read values are the same as in the 2015's buffer, all parameters are set correctly. So I know that there can be good transmission.

Why does this happen ? How to solve it ? Does anyone allready have set a RS-232 driver for the Keithley 2015 like this ? Is this the correct way to set up the parameters for the 2015 ?

-- flying dutchman --
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(2,848 Views)

The reference type is changing. The one that doesn't work is labled IKeithley20XX the one that does is different.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(2,841 Views)

Hello Mike,

Yes that is correct. What I do in the Class Browser is selecting the Keithley 20xx library and in that library you can choose several classes, e.e. a class to set the parameters for measuring voltage, a class to set parameters for measuring frequency. So therefor you see diffent names.

Do you suggest I cannot use different classes ? 

-- flying dutchman --
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(2,832 Views)
Yes. Use the ones that give you access to what you need to setup.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(2,827 Views)

What I need to set up is divided over different classes. But even within the same class (for example a class in which you set trigger values) the problem arises. See attached file were only the Trigger class is used. As soon as  I start to wire the error and reference cluster the constant becomes invalid.

-- flying dutchman --
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(2,820 Views)

Hello,

Do you have that issue or did you solve it by choosing the correct class in your application which you need to setup?

I didn't use this hardware but if you think that you need more help, I will go through its material and will help you further.

Besides, I found some info in the link below which maybe is useful.

http://force.natinst.com:8000/pls/ebs/niae_screenpop.main?p_incident_number=1047666

Hear from you,

regards,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(2,791 Views)

Hello Hossein, I still have the same issue. As pointed out, different parameters that have to be set are in different classes. Until new I can only set parameters that are in the same class,, which are shown in my first attachment. I would really like some help on this.

-- flying dutchman --
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(2,785 Views)

Hello,

As Mr. Mike mentioned in his feedback on your issue, you cannot choose different classes.

I will search more about it for you but I'm not sure that there will be a solution.

If I can find anything useful. I will let you know.

regards,

Hossein

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(2,767 Views)

ok, I used different classes now for all different parameter settings. After that I have inserted a standard VI to measure AC voltage. There are no reportes errors in the diagram now, so the woring is good and the classes I used are ok now. But I get only an error codes back and can not get it to work. I have attached my work, hope someone can give me a help.

@hossein128: link seems to be not working.

-- flying dutchman --
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(2,748 Views)

Hi,

Could you send your attachment again? I cannot open it.

Thanks,

Hossein

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(2,718 Views)