LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programmatically copying a file from Tortoise SVN

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a file in a repository that I normally access via the shell extension for tortoise svn, I usually right-click and select SVN Checkout.

I want to program LabVIEW to copy a file to my PC.

e.g. source path is svn://myserver/myrepo/trunk/Config/ConfigFile.ini

copy to C:\Temp

Note that I'm not asking about source control of my labview code or anything to do with source code control.  I just want to a copy a file from A to B.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,706 Views)

Hi bmann,

are you looking for this?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,681 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi bmann,

are you looking for this?

Having followed @GerdW's suggestion for you 😉 I found this function.

Based on my (limited) usage of Tortoise SVN, I would expect it to work for you. (In my case, I was able to access the server via File Explorer, too, so I would assume this will work.)

I would try this function first. If it doesn't work, report back on what happened (and attach a snippet of your VI showing what you've tried).

-joeorbob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,646 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bmann2000

You want to use the svn export command with System Exec:

svn export [path to target] [path to new directory]

i.e.,

svn export svn://myserver/myrepo/trunk/Config/ConfigFile.ini c:/config_files

Note the target needs to be the directory in which you want the file, not the new name of the file.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3631465/how-to-use-svn-export-command-to-get-a-single-file-from-...

Message 4 of 6
(1,644 Views)

Many thanks, LabVIEW can do it using System Exec.vi.

First you need to re-install SVN Tortoise and select the option to include command line tools.

Then you need to create the target directory for your file, as the command line will not create it for you.

The line below worked from command window and then just the same from System Exec.vi.

svn export svn://myserver/myrepo/trunk/Config/ConfigFile.ini C:\FolderIcreated\Main.ini

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,584 Views)

svn export svn://myserver/myrepo/trunk/Config/ConfigFile.ini C:\FolderIcreated\ConfigFile.ini

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,507 Views)