LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programmatic changing of window run-time position

Hello,
I have a vi, of which 2 copies are run re-entrant and displayed when run.  The only difference between them is, they each display an image for a different camera.  I want to run one instance of the vi in one position on the screen, and another instance in another position.  I don't see how you can programmatically set the vi run-time position via the activex vi properties or methods so they don't run one on top of the other.  Is it possible to have 2 instances of a re-entrant vi run in two different positions on the screene, or will I be forced to make a unique vi for each camera to set unique run-time positions in the vi properties (even though they perform identical functions)? 

Thanks
David Jenkinson
Message 1 of 7
(4,521 Views)

Yes it is possible.

Are you familiar with OpenG?  They have a nice tool that you could use to do this.

RayR

Message 2 of 7
(4,513 Views)
No you can do this:

Set different window bounds for every instance of the VI (you could do that as an additional parameter).
The panelbounds describe the inner bound of the Front panel

Ton

Message Edited by TonP on 05-29-2008 08:51 PM
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 3 of 7
(4,511 Views)
Hi Ton,
How did you define the "This VI" reference you have pictured?  I am using "current" vi fed into "open vi reference", as in the attached pic.  Is this eqivalent?

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
(4,496 Views)
If you do this inside your reentrant VI you will open up the template VI.
If you don't connect anything to a VI method/property LabVIEW will automatically connect it to the existing VI.
The 'this vi' primitive I used is available in the application control palette.

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 5 of 7
(4,491 Views)
Thanks Ton, your tips have worked like a charm.

Dave
Message 6 of 7
(4,465 Views)
Ray,
Thanks for the tip on openG, I had heard of it but did not realize how much was there. 

Dave
Message 7 of 7
(4,464 Views)