LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program crio without fpga or RT

Shalom,

excuse me for my ignorance... but, is it possible to program my cRio without FPGA or RT (only LabView 8.)

I want to use a cRio as a datalogger for analog measurements (1-10ms) and don't have those modules...

Thanks for the information 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,652 Views)

Hey G. Eshel,

I don't think that is possible. If your cRIO Controller is 9002 or 9004 you need at least LV FPGA and RT Module. Otherwise, RT Module (only for version 8.6 and above) is sufficient.

Cheers,

w15nu

Message 2 of 5
(3,615 Views)

G. Eshel,

w15nu is correct, it is not possible to program cRIOs without at minimum the LabVIEW Real-Time Module, however, the ability to only use the Real-Time Module (without the LabVIEW FPGA Module) requires the use of programming the CompactRIO in Scan Mode which is only available with VxWorks based CompactRIOs (901x,902x,907x) using LabVIEW 8.6 or later.  For Programming the FPGA of the CompactRIO, programming 900x CompactRIOs , or programming any CompactRIO before LabVIEW 8.6, you then also need the NI FPGA Module.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,594 Views)
You can look at getting a CompactDaq chassis. It uses some crio modules (but not all of them) and is progammmable from labview without RT or FPGA addons. Not sure if it runs on LabVIEW 8 however.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,579 Views)

Thank you all for the information, I'll see how can I proceed with it.

Gonen

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,564 Views)