LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems to print xy-graph

Hi!!

I have problems to print a xy-graph...it gives a error:
"append control image to report.vi is not acceptable"...Least if I try to use...
I attached a file for my project...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,757 Views)
I forgot add a picture for the blockdiagramm...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,749 Views)
Doesn´t anyone know how I can fix this error...??? I don´t really know what I should do...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,733 Views)
I see, its still the same problem described in your other thread DAQmxbaseRead.vi error.
The correct error message is, that a subvi is not executable..
This is, as Wolfgang wrote, because two SubVIs accidentally have the same name. One of them is in the report palette, the other one in the daqmx palette. LabVIEW cannot handle this - only one VI will be in memory and the other one will be replaced, which leads to the error that the vi cannot be executed.
Until this issue is going to be solved with the next daqmx driver you will have to rename the instance of the vi that is part of daqmxbase.

Since this vi is hidden quite deeply inside the library its best to first close all labview windows, then open a new vi and place the daqmxbase read function inside. Open the VI Hierarchay (Browse meny). In the hierarchy window, go to the menu edit-> find. Search for object, as object choose VI by name. select the check data size.VI
Once you found the vi inside the hierarchy, doubleclick it and choose save as... Save it with a different name and make sure this new name is used in the hierarchy window as well. The daqmxBase functions must be linked to the VI with the new name. Thus, closing the windows now and being asked if you want to save the changes you have to click yes.

I hope this explanation will help you to get your code running.
Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,712 Views)
Thank you for the advise...
I have try to do that what you told me, but it won´t help...I have checked also that check data size.vi that it had
saved to the hierarchy window...and it was ok!
The error is same: append control image.vi is not executable...
I don´t know what I should do...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,691 Views)
If double click append control image report.vi and then it gives a three errors:
Sub.VI´write PNG File (6_1).vi´:sub vi is not executable
Sub.VI´write JPG File (6_1).vi´:sub vi is not executable
Sub.VI´write JPG File (6_1).vi´:sub vi is not executable

Do I must chance something in there??
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,685 Views)
Hello jiv,

Somehow the workaround did not work in your case. Actually I dont know why because I tried it out myself. Maybe you forgot to save all the changes?
Anyway, lets try it the other way round. Attached you find a LLB with the "Append Control Image to Report" vi, together with all its subvis. Extract the LLB to your project folder and use this vi instead of the version you have in your vi.lib. This should fix the problem as well.
Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
Message 7 of 7
(2,666 Views)