LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems loading .NET assemblies

Hi,

I am trying to Load a .NET assembly from a company called FISO, for acquiring data from their Pressure trasducer.

But whenever I try loading it using the "constructor Node" from .NET palette, LabVIEW just says "Problem loading the assembly" and does not show any objects in it.

I am trying to open a fresh new VI and do the above.

I have LabVIEW 2013 SP1 32 bit on my Win 7 64 bit machine. LabVIEW is using CLR 4.0.30319....

I have no clue as to why it is not loading the DLL. I am pretty new, using .NET DLLs in LabVIEW

Please suggest any solution

Thanks

Akbar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(7,878 Views)
Where did you get the DLLs? Could they be corrupted? Have you talked to the vendor? Something not installed correctly? Missing dependencies?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(7,839 Views)

Hi Mike,

I got the DLLs from FISO, and they are not corrupted. They have an application coded in C#...and it grabs the data correctly.

The problem is loading the DLLs in LabVIEW. I am not sure if I am missing something. I am following everything available on the internet.

Can u pin down any dependencies for me which are pre-requisites to load a .NET DLL

Thanks

Akbar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(7,766 Views)

If I remember correctly, the .NET DLL has to use the same CLR version as LabVIEW? Do you know what version the DLL was built for? Perhaps you can try getting LabVIEW to use an older version of the CLR: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/567F6EFFC5669C348625739B003739CD

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(7,758 Views)

Hi Sam,

I tried that. I did create a LabVIEw.exe.config file and placed in LabVIEW directory did a restart for  LabVIEW.

It still uses CLR 4.0.30319 version.

I dont know why..

The DLLs are built in .NET 3.5 using CLR 2.0

So I am kiind of stuck.....

Why I am not able to force LabVIEW to use the desired CLR and .NET assembly...????

Thanks for all the help

Akbar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(7,731 Views)

See the article here - it mentions something for the executable configuration file to load assemblies that target CLR 2.0: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvhowto/configuring_clr_version/

Does that help?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(7,701 Views)

Hi Sam,

Tried that too but doesn't help.

After re launching LabVIEW, when I go to VIEW MEnu--> .NET Assembly....It still shows CLR 4.0.30319....

and when I run my code, it throws an error saying.."Specified .NET class is not available in LabVIEW"

So do you see anything wrong done by me here???

Thanks

Akbar

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(7,676 Views)

So first it didn't load the DLL and now it says the class is not available. That is a big difference already!

Possible reasons that the class can't be loaded in LabVIEW would be if it uses so called Generics. LabVIEW can't support classes that use them.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(7,657 Views)

Hi Ralf,

There is no difference..

I have  sample VI from FISO (attached here). IT gives me error (Specified class not available in LabVIEW)

But when I launch a fresh VI and try to load their DLLs using constructor node...It does not load any object....

So the problem is....I am not able to load their DLLs in any case...

Please suggest...what am i missing

Thanks

Akbar

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(7,645 Views)

One more thing....

FISO claims that the above  attached VI works pretty well with them....

So that confuses me even more...surely...I am doing something wrong....

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(7,643 Views)