LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with windows 10

Yes, LabView 2018 was installed on my laptop and when I try to uninstall it some files remain on my computer...

I do not have NI MAX installed just a forder named MAX

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28
(1,920 Views)

silvanaioana,

NI has a trusted student download from Studica found here: https://www.studica.com/LabVIEW

Other than this, I would not trust other 3rd party sites since they might have faulty licenses. If you are wanting to buy LabVIEW software, I would go through the NI website or Studica for a legitimate student version.  

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 28
(1,901 Views)

@WhiteA wrote:

silvanaioana,

NI has a trusted student download from Studica found here: https://www.studica.com/LabVIEW

Other than this, I would not trust other 3rd party sites since they might have faulty licenses. If you are wanting to buy LabVIEW software, I would go through the NI website or Studica for a legitimate student version.  

Since you have a blue name and are thus from NI, you should do research before giving an answer that is most likely wrong (and if you were actually right, NI has a serious problem!).

If OnTheHub is not trusted, why would it be listed on the NI site? (picture)

For the link shown on the earlier image, his university has a specially arranged student link from onthehub tied to the university (ubbcluj), so obvious they have a legitimate arrangement. Many universities have such arrangements and I am sure that NI has somebody that has the overview for all this. This is most likely NOT a licensing problem.

OnTheHub.png

Message 13 of 28
(1,893 Views)

so...if is not a license problem...what can it be? is there something I can do, or should I give up?

I can pay for the version you linked me but I'm not exactly jumping into buying something that could not work. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28
(1,886 Views)

@silvanaioana wrote:

so...if is not a license problem...what can it be? is there something I can do, or should I give up?

I can pay for the version you linked me but I'm not exactly jumping into buying something that could not work. 

No, you should not give up. Most likely it's a simple thing. Did you try some of the troubleshooting steps we mentioned? After LabVIEW installation, there should be a NI license manager installed. Does that run? What does it say?

Maybe your professor has some ways to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28
(1,882 Views)

I tryed troubleshoot and this is what appear1.png

i tried "test the program" but it did not work

I do not have a NI manager but to install it i have an app "setup" and this are the problem that appear when I run the app:2.png3.png

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(1,869 Views)

You should not need any compatibility mode, so reset that.

• Have you tried disabling the antivirus?
  • How about "right-click..run as administrator"?
  • Did you install in the suggested default location or somewhere else?
  • What other (unusual)  programs are installed on that PC?
  • What exactly happens if you try to run LabVIEW? (nothing at all, error message, nothing visible but an entry in the task manager, something else?)
  • Is there anything in the windows log?What exactly?
  • Why is there a higher version of MAX and VIPM already installed? (Did you run the update manager after installation?)

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28
(1,862 Views)

I tried disable the antivirus and run the program as administrator...it did not work.I did installed it in the suggested location. When I run the app i get this message1.png

and about the hier versions I had a LabView 2018 installed and after I tried to uninstalled it some files remained on my computer....I think that may be the problem but I do not know how to erase them

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28
(1,857 Views)

hey there! I have the exact problem with Labview 2018 that does not run on my windows 10 (v1803). I have installed and licensed it completely. No older files remain. I have erased anything related to the previous version. 

When I run it, labview opens at first but closes suddenly and nothing else happens. I used the troubleshooter

but the result was that the LABVIEW IS NOT COMPATIBLE !!! I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(1,854 Views)

@GolAzar wrote:

No older files remain. I have erased anything related to the previous version. 

What does that mean? What is "anything". Did you uninstall or "erase"?

(What about registry entries? What about locations outside the "program files..." hierarchy? Etc?)

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28
(1,848 Views)