From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with save file control

hi , i have this vi to control a wavelength meter to measure & save reading to a file on my pc

the problem is i need to make the write labview measurment file to be enabled by the Get Lambda swich and at the same time i need the AutoScan to be reading real time (not stop when i push getlambda swith) could you help me please.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,017 Views)
Let me just let you know that there is a better way to architect your entire code. Please don't take this as criticism but I really think you should look into event structures, state machine design, queues and notifiers. Have a look at the Producer/Consumer Design (events) and the State Machine patterns by browsing through the templates that are shipped with LabVIEW (File -> New...). Your GUI should be interfaced with using event structures and not polling (like you are doing right now). Implementing a Producer/Consumer design will remove the issue you are facing right now. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
Message 2 of 2
(2,010 Views)