From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem that can not initialize shift registers for while loop

@sophiey wrote:

Thx Alterbach, but is there any way to minimize the size of front panel window? Or anyway to make the front panel more compact so that we do not need the scroll bar?

Yes! Of course. What prevents you from making it smaller? Use tab controls, arrays instead of scalars, use smaller fonts, use tip strips instead of labels, use text as part of the numeric format and hide the labels, etc.

And for the diagram: Implement it as a state machine, use subVIs, modularize the code, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(332 Views)

Thx Altenbach!

Actually I have made my front panel quite simple and space-saving, just I do not know how to delete the extra blank space since I do not need it. In that way, I want to achieve a smaller front panel window without the need of scroll bar and do not need to take whole computer window size (even though we can do it everytime by manual adjustment for the users).

Best regards!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(314 Views)

sophiey wrote:

Actually I have made my front panel quite simple and space-saving, just I do not know how to delete the extra blank space since I do not need it.

There is no need to delete blank space. Simply resize the front panel. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(308 Views)