From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem regarding LabVIEW programming

Sir,

we are using a case structure based on Boolean(comparator).We want to get one string output so that we can output results in one strings during using it we are getting two string output one for true and one for false.How we can get the results in one string.please provide me the proper solution. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,713 Views)

Could you show us some code that displays this behavior?  I am having difficulty understanding your problem.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,704 Views)

Hi joy,

use the same output tunnel for both cases... Or use the Select function!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,698 Views)

Sir,

we have used a string output based on boolean function.. we want to use one string for both true and false case inspite of two strings.. We want that, when the true case is done, the text in the string will wipe out and the text for the false case will show. Please provide the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,643 Views)

Hi joy,

a case structure doesn't work as "first one case, then the other case" - it's always "one or the other"!

There's no loop in your VI so how do you get different cases at all?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,635 Views)

This is the part that worries me:

Example_VI_BD.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,623 Views)
The small image of the diagram also shows how the dynamic data type can be used in an incredibly silly way. A less polite person might call it something else. What possible result could you get by wiring a waveform to a comparison function and Boolean indicators. This is a prime example of why dynamic data is just evil. Using a real data type (i.e. a waveform), would give you a broken wire. Get rid of the ridiculous code. Take a LabVIEW tutorial.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,618 Views)