From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem interfacing multiple usb devices with activeX and .net

Hello,

I am having some difficulty interfacing multiple usb devices. 4 usb devices use activeX and 1 usb camera uses .net.

If I run/initialize all 5 usb devices, the camera (that uses .net) does not run properly. The camera runs properly when running by itself. I was wondering if there is some limitation with interfacing multiple usb devices with different protocols. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,031 Views)

It could be a power draw issue... how many of those devices are bus-powered and how many have internal power?  If you use a camera that needs a lot of power on the bus after the other 4 start using it, there might not be enough left over.

If it is a power issue, it could be you need to switch to using a powered USB hub in between your PC and the camera, or put all 4 other USB cameras on your USB 2.0 ports and your camera on a USB 3 port, since some motherboards have separate power lines leading to the different USB types.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,010 Views)

thanks for the reply! I really appreciate the help.

I am using a powered usb hub and I have tried directly connecting the camera to the computer.

I was suspecting it had something to do with a few devices using activeX and the one camera using .NET.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,986 Views)