LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in step ramp function using agilent 33220A

Hi,

I'm using using Labview to give a voltage output using Agilent 33220A (i'm using GPIB USB to connect agilent 33220A to my computer). I'm trying to give a ramp function in step wise form. the program that i made is as attached. however at each step increase the agilent seems to first go to 0 or atleast there is a glitch in which the output goes to a very low (near 0 value) and then rises to the desired value. so if i decrease the time period of each step i see several fluctuations in the ramp signal. this behaviour seems to occur each time i try to modify the output i.e. in each cycle of the for loop. if i simply give a standard waveform and stop the program the wafeform continues without any problems, it is only when i try tochange the output through the program that i observe the glitch. also i do not see any such problem when i try to increase the voltage manually (in DC offset mode) in agilent 33220A. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me in this regard.

in the program "start" and "stop" are the initial and final voltage output, "steps" is the no. of steps i require. I'm using Labview 8.2.

thanks

Bhaskar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,628 Views)

You need to clean up your diagram a bit more.  Make sure wires run from left to right.  What is connected to the  blue tunnel at the lower left of your flat sequence structure?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,624 Views)

That 'ramp function' does not make any sense. It does not change the input to the function generator at all. It is producing a constant value with each iteration of the for loop. the only way it will change is if you manually change the control you called 'Numeric' as the loop runs and that doesn't seem like something you want to do.

Why don't you first do some basic troubleshooting? Open the  Configure Standard Waveform and just run that. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,607 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and I'm sorry if the diagram is not clear.

the blue tunnel is actually the loop variable n. So basically Vout = Start + n*(Stop-Start)/Steps 

the loop variable is connected to the indicator (marked as "Numeric") and also to the multiplcation function. the indicator is just for my convenience to keep track of the number of iterations of the loop.

Bhaskar

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,605 Views)

the Numeric is just an indicator. it is connected to the loop variable n which increases with each iteration. i did the basic troubleshooting. i am getting a ramp function as the output adn the iterations are also fine as shown by the indicator. the problem seems to be when each time we change the output in each loop. i guess the loop variable seems to be hidden in the diagram. i again apologise that the diagram in not clear.

Bhaskar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,604 Views)

Hi,

I'm reattaching the program image since the last one was not very clear. I would appreciate if anyone could suggest a solution to the problem

Thanks

Bhaskar

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,581 Views)

Hi

I try to connect the same device via usb , by using the USB ID from the device. but I got error.

could you please let me know what the "visa io name" you used to connect to the device

Thanks

Tomer

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,848 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,838 Views)