LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem importing all functions from a DLL file

I have dll file for x-rite  which is a  color meter.

Now I tried importing the complete dll file into

labview. It does detect some 10 functions out

of 500. I am attaching screenshot of the error

message. I donot know what to fix as I am not

much of a programmer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,465 Views)

That's not an error and there is probably nothing to fix. There is often (usually) functions that are not exported and not available to be called externally. They are functions that are called by other functions in the dll.

You should have gotten some documentation on the api for the dll from the vendor. If my guess is correct, the documentation will only describe the 10 or so exported functions.

Message 2 of 12
(3,458 Views)

Not seeing the header file it's one big guessing, but there can be in fact just the opposite of what you describe Dennis. The functions are exported from the DLL but the header file does not contain any declaration for them (because they are private, declared in a different header file, or simply forgotten by the programmer, etc).

Another option is that they use parameter types that the import library wizard can not properly resolve. The Matrix type functions might be a good canditate for that, depending how a Matrix is implemented with that API.

Since the imported functions all have a specific prefix, I would guess that there would need to be one or more different header files for some of the other APIs.

Message Edited by rolfk on 01-15-2010 09:00 AM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,427 Views)

It is my bad. those are the only functions available.

thank yhou anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,410 Views)

I have the following error when I am using a DLL

to import functions. screen shot of the error message

is attached to this mail. Just let me know if if anyone has

seen something like tghis before.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,399 Views)
Have you tried following the suggestions described in the report? If so, what did you observe? Any details on your issue would be appreciated.
Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,379 Views)
Hello Yesh,  I am trying to do the same thing that you are doing with the xrite SDK.  I have an eyeone and is running into the same problem with the dll call library function.  I am able to get the unit to measure the sample in labview, however, I am unable to query the different results.  It seem like I am only able to get CIELab, but I would like to get CIExyY.  Are you able to send the string path through the dll file to accomplish this?  Any help will be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,178 Views)

Hey

I didnt even get to what you have got until now.

Can you post the code, I will try to modify it and

I think there is a way to get what you need.

Yesh

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,153 Views)
You guys are awesome! How is anyone supposed to help you without seeing the header file, API documentation AND generated VIs that you have?
Message Edited by rolfk on 06-08-2010 07:25 AM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,134 Views)

I have just reviewed my license agreement for the SDK and at this moment, I am unable to upload the source code or the header files.  I guess, I might be on my own with this one.  By the way, how were you able to get the call library without the header file?

Tin

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,097 Views)