LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing a chart

is there a way to automaticaly print the chart that is generated when i run my VI. basically i am measuring a voltage for about 1 min and diplaying it on a chart. i want it to automatically either save the data to an excel sheet and/or print the chart on the printer attcahed to the computer.

i know i can right click and go to export and take it to the clipboard or save the image but this is a pest as i have to then open it in another file. im producing loads of these graphs and this is time consuming.

I also tried to export it to exel and it was rubish as it only eported the whole number and i need the 4 decimal places it measured at. maybe i was doing this wrong so please point it out.

thanks for any help

Dom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,179 Views)

Sure,

you can print the frontpanel programmatically

You need the VI Reference and an "Invoke Node"

Select Print panel (or similar, I have a german LV)

This prints the Panel to the default printer.

OR

You create a reference of your chart,

take a "property node", select value,

connect the value output to the 1D input of the "Write to spreadsheet file.vi"

Best regards,

Balze

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,174 Views)

A shortcut to the method suggested above is to have the VI print the front panel automatically when it completes. This can be set in the VI properties.

I also tried to export it to exel and it was rubish as it only eported the whole number and i need the 4 decimal places it measured at. maybe i was doing this wrong so please point it out.

This sounds like you simply used the wrong format code for the numbers. If you upload your code then it will be easier to identify the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,164 Views)

its part of a larger program so ill extract the little bit into a VI on its own and do get it up . thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,138 Views)