LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print graph milimeters

I want to print a graph in a milimeter paper, but i need that a value of "1" from "0" be equal 10 milimeter and "0.1" = 1 milimeter and so on, how can i do this ??

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,656 Views)
Here is an example showing how you can adjust the scales properties to get a dimension-controled graph.
However, I'm not satisfied with the way I have been obliged to manage the scales. More specifically, I don't understand why I'm obliged to run 4 times the same vi in a loop to get a proper display ! This kind of experimental programming is always frustrating.
Anyway, I think the main answer to your question is here.
And I hope that another enthusiast will give a hand on the problem.

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 2 of 6
(2,640 Views)
Thanks for your help Chilly Charly, but could you send me your program in version 7, I´m working on this version of LabVIEW.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,609 Views)
Here is a 7.0 version. Not tested. Please ask if you have any problem.

CC

Edit : as usual, forgot the attachment...

Message Edited by chilly charly on 05-10-2005 06:03 PM

Message 4 of 6
(2,602 Views)
Thanks for your help, i have a question, these constants that you use in the program are independent from the monitor´s resolution (1024x768 800x600 ..)?

J.R
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,591 Views)

@JRueda wrote:
Thanks for your help, i have a question, these constants that you use in the program are independent from the monitor´s resolution (1024x768 800x600 ..)?

Good question. I believe not. 2.54 is of course the length of an inch expressed in cm. The other value correspond to the number of pixels/inch. Typically between 72 and 96 p/inch. I do not know a way to obtain this value programmatically : of course LV know the monitor size in pixels (there is a property node for that. But not in cm !.. Once the monitor size in cm is given, it should be easy to vary the constant value according to the screen resolution in pixels. But what happens when printing ?
The best way to know is to check it. Do some experiments, and please share your results with the community...

CC

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,578 Views)