From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print frontpanel does not after application builder

Hi,

I have done a application where I use the report vi wich prints the front panel.

The printing works fine at the developening suite.

After conversion my application to an exe the printing does nothing, no error message and of course no print.

I checked the path and other details, but no luck.

What can I do?

Hardy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,664 Views)

What is your LabVIEW version?

I think there was a bug in an old version where you had explicitely "always include" some files as a workaround. I'll try to find my notes.

Message 2 of 9
(2,662 Views)

Oh, sorry,

I use LV2012 on a WIN XP PC and the application on a WIN7.

The print does not work on the developening PC and the target PC with WIN7.

I added the sub vi wich I use to start the printing.

Hardy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,658 Views)

OK, that's probably a different problem. It might not find the VI given the path.

What is the path received by the subVI? I suspect that you run into a problem similar to what is described here.

Do you have the error out connected somewhere? What is the error message?

Message 4 of 9
(2,654 Views)

No, the path problem is not the case. I have connected to path to a string front panel object and it shows the correct path and vi name.

By the way, the path problem is a mess since years. But solved now.

I use the application path constant which works fine for all the other actions done with path. Only printing will not work..Smiley Mad

Hardy
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,650 Views)

Does the VI you are printing have a visible front panel? If not the front panel might have gotten removed by the application builder.

Go to the source file settings in the builder and check if the front panel of the VI you are trying to print is set to be removed. Make sure that is not checked.

Message 6 of 9
(2,647 Views)

No, it is still visible. The front panel I want to print is the main panel. There is no other vi or sub vi to print.

As i said, it works under the developening system but not after making the exe.

Hardy
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,643 Views)

OK, a quick test:

Are you wiring a path?

• Path terminal unwired from the calling VI: Error 1013: cannot load front panel. (because it is probably trying to print the panel of the "Print frontpanel" subVI, which got removed).
  • Current VI path wired to the path input of the subVI: works fine.

Obviously, you cannot leave the path terminal disconnected when building an application. (Not sure why it works in the development environment, havent studied it yet in detail but probably has to do with the link about path differences posted earlier. Maybe it needs to change the index of the call chain, depending on the environment. Bug?)

See if this helps.

Message 8 of 9
(2,620 Views)

Hi,

the path was checked at first. I wired a char frontpanel objekt to see the path in the Runtime version. The path was correct.

I have now opend a support tag with NI.

A first call was no  luck.

The test was to check if the printer name is ok. There is a input which says printer name. I wired a vi which detects the standard printer name.

But here also, no luck.

Hardy
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,596 Views)