From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ppt generate power point report

Hello,

how could I generate a report in power point (ppt) in labview?

I do the analysis of some images and I can generate a report in Word (doc), but need to generate in ppt, I saw that on a make tools it provides the option of generating reports in excel and word.

I am using labview with vision module.

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,011 Views)

You'll most likely have to do this with ActiveX. This is similar to how it is done when writing to a real Excel file.

Translate http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222929 to LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,002 Views)

I don´t know how can i do that..Smiley Sad

if you know how can i do that, can you explain this for me?

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,989 Views)

I don't know anything about Powerpoint. Never used it before.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,979 Views)

You know the power point ....is of Microft Office....

Office Word;...excel...Power Point....????

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,973 Views)

Yes, we know what PowerPoint is. That doesn't mean one knows how to automate it. Microsoft provides an ActiveX interface for Microsoft applications so other programs can automate it. Thus, this is what you have to do. There is a chapter in the LabVIEW Help on how to use ActiveX. There are also examples that ship with LabVIEW that use ActiveX to automate Excel. Automating PowerPoint will follow the same approach. You can also read this: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/2983

Examples on automating PowerPoint have been posted before. Search the forum. You may also be able to find examples in the Community section. Again, search.

You may also want to consider using Word or Excel instead. Then you'd be able to use the Report Generation Toolkit from NI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,970 Views)

ok.....thanks very much...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,967 Views)