LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I am a physics student with little background with Labview. Right now I need to design an application which receives the signal from an external analog trigger. I need to take one data when the DAQ receive the triggering signal ( the time the data was received after the triggering has to be specific). Please help me with this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,598 Views)
Are you using NI hardware to acquire your data?  If so, you might consider posting your question to the Multifunction DAQ board for help.  You also might want to check out the NI Example Finder's DAQ examples -- open "Help->Find Examples" and browse around.

hope it helps-

Message Edited by Travis M. on 07-14-2006 05:05 PM

Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,593 Views)
thank you i am going to post the nest message to the multifution board
this is my new message
hi I am a physics student with little back ground in LABVIEW. Please help me set up the follow application. I have to set up a program to receive signal from analog input. The data wooulld be control by external PFI0 triggering port. I am using NIDAQ 6062 E and  BNC-2110. My problem is to make the program receive only one data after the triggering was received. The time of the data has to be specified after the trigger signal was received ( the time could be in micro second ) . I am having difficulty setting up the application. Anybody has an idea please help me
 thank you very much
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,586 Views)
Awesome, thanks for posting to the DAQ board.  For those following this, see replies here.

thanks,
Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,545 Views)
 I was working with the application that you gave me before. It seemed very useful except the source for the stop triggering signal. Can I use an internal clock to determine the time to stop the acquisition ? I only use the PFIO port as the start of triggering signal. Please help me ... thank you
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,533 Views)
  I also encounter another difficulty with my application. I set up a function which change the frequency of the post triggering data into the time ( just take 1 devide by frequency) But then the application seems to work only with 0.01 sec which is not up to what I need. I need the time to be adjustable in the scale of  0.000001 or microsecond...please help me
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,523 Views)
i had the post trigger sampling rate of 20. Can I filter the data 19 into an array form ? If so please show me how to filter the data,,, thank you very much
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,518 Views)