LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porblem with ni usb 6009 when used from exec file

Hello,

I'm using an NI 6009 usb device with labview 2010 in order to read measurement for a reserch project in the filed of physiotherapy,

since I must use a stand alone exec file I have used the following files in order to run the program with out labbview:

LVRTE2010std.exe runtime engine for labview 2010

NIDAQ970f0.exe for the device driver.

all was well until I had to change to an another computer - with win7 64bit

after which I get no readings analog when using my exec file, but I do see reading when I access the device from MAX?

please help.

Gil,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,982 Views)

Since you can see it on the new computer using MAX I would guess that there is a problem with the task you are calling in your exe.  Make sure your task in the exe and in MAX are spelled the same on the new machine.  That is a guess since you did not provide any code.  Assuming that you remembered to make the task on the new machine.  It will depend on how you wrote your program.

Also if you use error handling in your exe it would tell you the problem or at least give you a hint on what is happening.  It can't hurt to throw in some error cluster indicators on your front panel to debug and then remove them when it works. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,980 Views)

on the new machine i did not make any code changes just took my old files and placed them on a new machine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,976 Views)

Did you write the original program that was turned into an exe?  Or did you just have an exe that was on the original machine and now you want to use it on a different machine?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,972 Views)

Take a look at Max and do the following:

1.  Does the device show up in windows 7

2.  Are the names of the USB device the same on both machines

How are you accessing the device, task, device name, etc.  You need to provide more information before any kind of diagnostics can be done.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,964 Views)

I wrote the code.

please see attached.

I compiled the code within the "program" project.

Thanks very much

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,959 Views)

Hi,

In both machines I can see the device in max.

in order to access the device I use NI-DAQmx 9.7

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,955 Views)

When you setup the DAQ Assistant you had to choose a device and a channel for your channels.  So you have to make sure the device you picked is also on the new computer.

If you picked dev1 on your development machine for your channels you need to make sure that the 6009 is also dev1 on the new machine.  Create an error indicator on the output of the DAQ assistant and it will tell you the problem, but I would gess the device name is different on the 2 computers. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,951 Views)

I do not use express vi. It looks like your problem is going to be in your express vi. My guess is that the express vi setups everything and in the new machine, the parameters will not match. You may need to setup something different to allow you to run the program independent on your machine.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,943 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

What are my alternatives for the express VI

How do I use my NI USB 6009 with out the express VI?

Can I change the device ID from from MAX so it'll work with the express VI?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,925 Views)