From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

populate visa at startup

It seems the visa control doesn't populate until I click the drop down. It takes about 10 seconds for this to fill with the different connections. I have found other posts that have this problem but it says that it was fixed in version 7.1. I'm using 8.5. Is there some way to force these to load at startup, rather than waiting for a mouse click on the control, so I can just have the mouse disabled until they are loaded. That way the user isn't wondering if the program has locked up? 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,268 Views)
I would like to post what I think is the problem. I haven't tested it yet, but what I think is happening is my measurement and automation explorer is set up for another computer (we have a removeable hard drive). Therefore, the VISA control is looking for a bunch of GPIB connections that are listed in the MAX that aren't available on the box I'm on right now. It's trying to find connections that aren't there, and thats why it's taking so long. I'll post back if anything new materializes. 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,247 Views)

for(imstuck),

It's very possible that that's causing the control to load so slowly.  In general, it will take longer the more resources there are, but this could be exacerbated by having resources that are no longer available.  Have you been able to try this without all of the resources in MAX?

Jared S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,216 Views)