LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

point to existing pdf file and print to specified printer (not default)

Solved!
Go to solution

Yes, many posts on creating pdf files, but have not found help sending a pdf file from a folder to a non-default printer.

Suggestions??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,693 Views)

Hi Mark,

Please check if you can print using this through commandline. If you can do that, you could use System Exec.vi to print the pdf file.

Message 2 of 6
(4,669 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author markfranklin
did you try using ActiveX?
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
Message 3 of 6
(4,660 Views)

Thank you all.  Still trying to learn more about command line stuff here.

Yes, I did manage to get some active x code to print the pdf, but new problem created.....

Once I print to pdf, and successfully create pdf to save for client, I then need to actually send it to a non default printer.

This too has been accomplished, but it only works once, if adobe reader is closed.

So I now need a way to programmatically close adobe reader.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,650 Views)

Hello markfranklin, I have much trouble in creating a pdf file. I have some test data to print to  a pdf file, but how can I do to creat a pdf file and write some data to it? Hope that you can help me, thank you!  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,188 Views)

Hi Melo,

This is a question that's asked very frequently on the forums, so it might be best to search the existing forums on the topic. There are a number of ways to go about creating and saving PDF files from LabVIEW, and the approach you take will depend on the specifics of your needs. For starters, you might want to view the following thread: programmatically save xls file as pdf.

Sanjay C.
Embedded Software Product Manager| National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,149 Views)