LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

point by point bandpass filter with bandpass frequencies slowly changing with time

I have a need to (ptBypt) band-pass filter a signal, but the band pass frequencies vary slowly with time, e.g., the band pass frequencies change linearly from 5-10 Hz to 10-20 Hz in 30 seconds. Can this be done?

Thanks.

Ian 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,963 Views)

You could use the Ramp Pattern.vi for generating your friequencies for your filter and then use one of the PtByPt Filter VIs to do your bandpass filter inside of a FOR loop.  Should not be hard.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,954 Views)

Well, unless I initialize the filter, I cannot really alter the band pass frequencies. But if I initialize the filter, it resets everything.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,947 Views)

using "FIR Filter with I.C." seems to work, but I cannot find the byBypt version for FIR filter.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,942 Views)

If you look inside the FIR Filter PtByPt.vi you can see how it uses the IIR Filter with I.C. PtByPt.vi with an empty array of reverse coefficients.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,926 Views)