LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plotting two same signals simultaneously

Fnds, I would like to display the position of motor X& Y simultaneously in XY graph. I am providing the Vi below for your simplicity. Please let me know, where I am going wrong, or what else I need to do.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,133 Views)

Hi reshmi!

In your example MOTOR SPEED 3.vi you plot only a single point to the XY-graph. To get more than one point in your XY-graph you must collect the data in an array. Please check out this example Displaying Last N Data Points to XY Graph in the community.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,121 Views)

Hello,

I'm not pretty sure whether you really should display the position of motor on X & Y Graph - I believe you want to display how the position changes over time? If so below you can find two examples how it can be accomplished (using waveform graph):

Waveform graph.png

If you want really display on XY graph the current position (in 2 dimensions), here you'll find an example: (if you don't see the dot on the graph, go to the properties of it and see the Plots tab):

XY Graph.png

Marcin

Think Dataflow - blog.mtapp.tech
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,113 Views)

thanks for your suggestion. But as I am new in LabVIEW, so can u suggest me the steps, as how can I get this X & Y value. Then its wiring connection.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,104 Views)

I cannot tell you step by step because it highly depends on your particular application.

In which format you get the data from the DAQ card? It is some kind of encoder, voltage or ...?

Provide some more information so maybe I will be able to help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,090 Views)

from DAQ,  I am getting the encoder data. I am plotting this data in graph. How can I create an array of data from this waveform.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,077 Views)

Can you please provide the example set of data?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,074 Views)

didnt get your point...what you actually need?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,047 Views)

The data you get from the encoder - you said that you want to plot the position of the motor on thy XY plane, right? So, to help you I would need the data you get from the encoder 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,043 Views)

I am bit confused regarding your requirement. So can u tell me in which format you need the data. By attaching an encoder to the motor, I am aquiring its signal through DAQ Assistant. The output from DAQ is viewed in a waveform. I have already attached a VI previously. So can you guide me further.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,026 Views)