LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plotting a labview chart in visual basic

i have a labview 7.1 vi which acquires data and continously (real time) plots it in a graph/chart. now i have written a visual basic 6 code which calls this labview vi and runs it. now i want to plot the labview chart in the visual basic window. any ideas how can i do it?
thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,206 Views)
hello..
someone plz help me in this. i m really stuck.
thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,194 Views)
You might want to post this question to the Measurement Studio for VB forum or find a VB specific forum somewhere else. I don't know how much help you can get from a bunch of LabVIEW programers. It's been a long time since I've had to program in VB. What about the MS Office Chart control?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,188 Views)

thanks for ur reply. well i thought using mschart control but i am not sure how i can export the labview graph to vb. actually i m not too keen to plot the graph in vb rather just to export the graph from labview and display it.

labview supports vb so i thought may be this shud be possible.

thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,185 Views)
How are you calling the LabVIEW code in VB? Did you make the VI into a DLL or are you using VI Server? What kind of data is wired to the LabVIEW graph? Is it just an array or a waveform data type.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,181 Views)

i have written the following code in vb6 which opens the get data.vi and runs its. this vi acquires data a continuously plots a graph in its frontpanel.

Dim LViewApp As LabVIEW.Application
Dim vi As LabVIEW.VirtualInstrument
Dim vipath As String

Set LViewApp = CreateObject("LabVIEW.Application")
    vipath = "C:\My Documents\LabView Program\get data.vi"
    Set vi = LViewApp.GetVIReference(vipath)
    Call vi.Call

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,178 Views)
I don't know the syntax in VB but you can use the Get Control Value [Variant] method to get the graph's data.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,169 Views)
well actually i dont want the graphs data.. but the graph itself. it shud be displayed on the vb form.
anyone has any idea how i can do it?
plz help.
thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,147 Views)
What about exporting the graph as a jpeg file? With a control reference, you can use the method Get Image. This returns a cluster with image data that can be written as a jpeg file with Write JPEG File.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,134 Views)
Have you looked into using ActiveX?  Here is a link that discusses using a LabVIEW dll or VI Server: LabVIEW and Visual Basic - Example 3: Sharing Code with Visual Basic Here is a link to a Knowledge Base article about using a LabVIEW application in Visual Basic using ActiveX : Calling LabVIEW Applications from Visual Basic Using ActiveX

Let us know how these work for you.

-Nathan
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,130 Views)