LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plotting YZ axis on same x axis

0.png

this plot is plotted in mat lab i want to plot it in labview can anybody help me please.

in this plot two (y,Z) axis depends upon time or x axis , how i can plot the z axis(blue highlighted ).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,538 Views)

@shami_jadoon wrote:

this plot is plotted in mat lab i want to plot it in labview can anybody help me please.

in this plot two (y,Z) axis depends upon time or x axis , how i can plot the z axis(blue highlighted ).

You mention three axes, X, Y, and Z (I took the liberty of capitalizing all of them).  You don't show the data, nor the Matlab code that produced the plot, so I'm wondering if you want to make a 3D plot, or if you want to make two over-lapping 2D plots (X vs Y, with the Y scale shown on the left, and X vs Z, with the Z scale shown on the right).  Without better understanding what you are trying to do, it is difficult to tell you if, or how, LabVIEW can do it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,531 Views)

Hard to tell from your text, but it looks like you just want two different y-axes on one graph. Just place a graph, right-click a y-axis and duplicate it ("duplicate scale"), then right-click and move it to the other side ("swap sides"). Each axis can have it's own range and other proerties. For each plot, you can assign which axis to use.

Are your x values spaced equally?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,521 Views)

i just want to make two over-lapping 2D plots (X vs Y, with the Y scale shown on the left, and X vs Z, with the Z scale shown on the right),

i just show graph of matlab taken from research paper to clear my question that's why i didn't attached any code of matlab. this  Y, Z axis data may b any arrays of integers that i want to draw. thanks for your response sir.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,510 Views)

yes x values are spaced same that is time in my case and both y axis are relative to time. but the problem is  one y axis values are in range of thousands while the other are in tens that's why i want to plot with reference to two different axis. here i am not clear to call it two y axis or than Y and Z axis. that's why i attached the image from one research paper to clear my question. 

duplicating the axis is just duplicate that y axis and accordingly the second one... that means both left and right side scales same, wheres i want both y axis totally independent of each other.

thanks for your time Sir.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,506 Views)

Technically they are two Y axes,  and they are Y1 vs. X and Y2 vs. X.

You duplicate the Y axis. and you apply the first plot to the first Y axis and the 2nd plot to the 2nd Y axis.

image.png

The second Y-axis does NOT "scale the same."

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,503 Views)