LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plot data with absolute time

Why is it that when I plot an array of data to a wavechart and changed the time (x axis) to absolute time, it always display 12/31/1903? Thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,593 Views)
Can anyone please help me with my previous question. I have spent a lot of time trying to fix this, but it just kept on doing the same thing. I looked in the labview user manual but I couldn't find an explanation. It's just really hard trying to program different things at the same time. I have managed to understand and move far in my labview program, but it's some of these simple things I'm stuck on that I wasted so much time trying to figure out. I am sure someone with a lot of experience can just help me out in your sleep. I appreciate any help. Thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,588 Views)
Have some patience, most people don't necessarily rush to the internet on the weekend.
To answer your question, LV's time data is represented by the complete number of seconds that have passed since 01/01/1904 00:00 GMT. That means that the number 0, timewise, is that time. Since you are west of Greenwich, you get december 03.
You need to set the starting time for your chart as the current time. You may also need to set the space between each 2 points you plot to the chart. You need to create a property node. Right click on the control or the terminal and select Create>>Property Node. Then, Find the X-Scale>>Offset & Multiplier properties. These set what you need. For offset you should set the current time when you start (use To DBL to convert) and for multiplier the plotting loop speed in seconds (100 ms is 0.1).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,321 Views)