LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

piezo stage with labview

Hello there, I have recently made a program for the PMC-100 Piezo Motor Controller. I am using subVIs provided by micosHowever the program stops running everytime I make a command, so that I have to click run which triggers the selector panel for each command. How can I tweak the program so that the program will be constantly running and have both STOP and EXIT button, where STOP terminates the current movement, and EXIT will exit the program. Do I need a while loop for checking STOP inside a while loop for checking EXIT? Thanks for your time!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,151 Views)

Hi there j49sun,

It would be best to have the outer while loop based on the exit button condition. You could set up an inner while loop to stop and re-enter different commands, but then you would need a way to start that loop back up again. This could be done more efficiently with a case or event structure triggered by these button presses. Let us know if you have any questions on implementing this.

Thank you,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,135 Views)

Hi Deborah, 

Thanks for your insight! I have another question. I have a labview program that scans and produces frequency on to a graph, my job is to implement the piezo stage into the program so that it moves according to the scanned frequency. My prof said the piezo will start somewhere in the middle and will then fluctuate left and right depending on the frequency scanned. I am really confused on how to start this task as a novice coder and was wondering if you can give me some ideas to start off with. I would really appreciate your help!! Thanks.

Derek

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,104 Views)

Hi Derek,

With a limited idea of your entire application, here are some suggestions. Can you explain just a bit more what this will look like? The graph will be frequency vs. what? Are you planning to display this piezo stage position on the same graph? Here's an example for multiple plots and scales on one graph. Since the sub VI's are third party I'm not sure what communication protocol they use to actually move the physical stage. You could grab the scalar frequency value and move the stage right for values above x threshold and left below it. Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,081 Views)

Hi...

I am quiet new to the LV platform,,Right now,,,am doing one project....I need to control the Piezo stage which has x and y axis,,,For example,,, while moving X axis ,,for every axis step size movement,,there must be a time delay...which can be adjusted by the user...

How to delay the movement for every step size?

Can anyone help me in this thing..

Thanks and Appreciated...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,816 Views)

venkish,

I would recommend creating a new thread as your question is different from the original question on this thread.  I would also recommend posting some screenshots, etc to provide a little more information about exactly what you are trying to do.

James K.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,794 Views)