LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picture indicator problem in LabVIEW 8.5

I'm reading a BMP image (size 3216x2136).  Trying to display it to a picture indicator ends up displaying a white (empty?) picture.  If I crop the image small enough (i.e., 3216x1500), it will display to a picture indicator okay.  However, if I try to convert the cropped 2nd picture indicator using "Picture to Pixmap", I end up with an image that contains only the background color.  If I reduce the cropping to even smaller (3216x1000), the Picture to Pixmap works fine.  Memory problems?  Or a problem in the picture indicator?  See attached VI and test image.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,031 Views)

Weird -- I'm not seeing the problem anymore.  Did 2 things: 

1 - Changed the entry in my boot.ini file to remove the /3G flag (which supposedly increases the amount of memory LabVIEW can use?)

2 - rebooted my system

Hmmm.  Don't know if rebooting without the change to boot.ini would have fixed things.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,013 Views)

Hi mvickerman,

I'm glad that you were able to resolve your problem.  I'm under the impression that the computer reads the boot.ini file only when booted, so I believe that you would have to reboot the computer for the changes to take effect. 

Cheers, 

Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,996 Views)

mvickerman wrote:

Weird -- I'm not seeing the problem anymore.  Did 2 things: 

1 - Changed the entry in my boot.ini file to remove the /3G flag (which supposedly increases the amount of memory LabVIEW can use?)

The LabVIEW Help actually explains the /3G flag. A copy of the page can be found here:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361D-01/lvhowto/enable_lrg_ad_aware

Note that this only applies to 8.5 and above.

Message 4 of 4
(2,982 Views)