LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

physical channels node

Is there a way to get the IEPE or ICP power support and AC/DC coupling support information from a DAQmx Physical Channels Node.  If not can this be added to the next version of DAQmx? Some NI boards have different properties for different channels..  For example the NI 4432 has ICP power available for channels 0 through 3 but does not have ICP power for the last channel which is channe #4. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,085 Views)

Greetings ed Z!

I was able to programmatically obtain the information about the AC/DC coupling ability of various devices/channels but my efforts to do the same for IEPE support has failed.  If you're interested, my method was simply reading the AI.Excit.DCorAC DAQmx Channel property (found from Analog Input -> General Properties -> Signal Conditioning -> Excitation -> Advanced -> DC or AC) and then writing it back with two connected property nodes.  I then attached a case statement to the error wire running through the property nodes.  No error meant the feature was supported.  The error case handled if the feature wasn't supported.  

I know this is not an ideal setup and not exactly what you were really looking for.  As such, the best thing I can suggest is to head over to www.ni.com/ideas where you can submit this as a LabVIEW feature request.  

Hope this helps.

Michael G

Michael G.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Self-realization: I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,056 Views)