LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

permission error when revert a file to previous version

I download a labview example file written by labview2011. I want to revert it to labview 2010. Then I open it using labview2017 and click file--save for previous version--save. But when I click the save, I got an error "file permission error. you do not have the correct permissions for the file". What's wrong with it? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,215 Views)

The downloaded file was probably saved as a read-only.  Right-click on the file and choose "Properties".  Make sure the read-only is unchecked.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,190 Views)

Hi crossrulz, 

Thank you for your reply. I have checked the "properties" and the file is not read-only. 

If the driver of this instrument is written by labview2011, can I revert the file to labview2010?

Thank you~ 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,165 Views)

My next thought is you are trying to save in a folder you do not have rights to.  I tend to save for previous to a folder in my "Downloads" folder.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,150 Views)