LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pda module - ao examples for 6024 E daq card

I am having trouble finding a working example of Analog Output for PDA (using a daq card 6024 E). Ni.com suggests using "PDA single point AO.VI" but I do not know how to configure channels. The website further states: "Single-point analog output is not supported in NI-DAQmx Base 1.0"

Essentially I have tried using both Configuration utility and MAX to set examples, but in both cases the example does not recognize them. Is there any other way to configure a channel?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
-petar 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,322 Views)

Hi Petar-

I spoke with the engineer you reached over the phone and seemed to believe that you might be using the incorrect version of NI-DAQmx Base.  With PocketPC you will need to use NI-DAQmx Base for PocketPC 2003.  After uninstalling your current version and installing this new version you will need to also install the driver software to your PDA.  This can be accomplished when connected to ActiveSync by choosing the option to install the driver to PDA in the Start>>Programs>>National Instruments>>NI-DAQmx Base folder.

You will need to create the task to be used in the NI-DAQmx Configuration Utility in Windows.  First open the utility and click "Create New Task."  Make sure you give it a descriptive name and choose the appropriate device type as well as selecting an analog output channel type.  Click "Save and Exit" to save your choices.

You will then need to open LabVIEW and target your PocketPC 2003 device on the splash screen.  Make sure that you do not open LabVIEW before saving the Task in the configuration utility or the task will not be referenced properly.

Finally, extract the zip file in this KB and open the "PDA Single Point AO.vi" and click "Run" in LabVIEW with the target set to the PDA.  After a short time to build and deploy the app you should see the front panel appear on your PDA.  I tested with a DAQCard-6024E with good results.  Note with this example that you will need to click the "RUN" button each time you want to update the output voltage.

EDIT:  I forgot to mention- if you receive a prompt for "ESeries.dll" you might have to browse to "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\PDA\utilites\LVPocketPCProject\lib\DAQmxbase\ESeries.dll" to find the necessary file.

Hopefully this helps-

Message Edited by Tom W. on 07-27-2005 05:30 PM

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,299 Views)