LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pause elapsed time

Hi all,

anyone have idea to pause the elasped time express vi?

with regard
Jaxx
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,981 Views)
Hello,

I took the subVi of the Time Elapsed VI and I've added a button control (Stop) ... if you want to included as the Time Elapsed express VI then you have to think that the value should be transfer as a reference and not as a simple variable, or it could work with a global variable.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,975 Views)
Hi, Oriana...

Can I just pause the time elapsed vi but not stop it?

with regard
Jaxx
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,957 Views)
If you include that as subVi into a while loop then you can stop/start the timer as many times as you want ... because the controlers/indicators if are not initialised keep theires values.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,954 Views)
Hi, Oriana...

You help me so much~ Thanks for your reply 🙂

Best regard
Jaxx
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,939 Views)

Hello Oriana,

I have the same Problem like @. I want to Pause the elapsed time express VI. Can you give me an example with the outer while loop? I use LabView 8.5.1.

Thanks

Ice1984

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,491 Views)

Fins solution here

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,611 Views)

@sardarsree wrote:

Fins solution here

I am sure RafelK will be happy to find the solution after 8 years 😉 Specially since he was last time logged in in 2014...

By the way, I do not like the solution from the CLD preparation material which you just attached. Much more compact to program your own FGV with shift registers.

Message 8 of 10
(4,598 Views)

Can anyone help me to understand the meaning of True case function of pause mode?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,765 Views)

When paused, keep track of how much time in Pause so it doesn't affect the total elapsed time when calculated from Now - Start Time.   ???

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,753 Views)