From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parallel port

I am jiju i want read 3 volt from parallel port me apply 3 volt pin 2 and 25 , i use ' in port.vi ' but i can't please hepl me , give me any idea

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,211 Views)

Jiju,

Using of Parallel port u can't read the voltage if u want to read voltage u should put a parallel ADC (0804) and read external voltage. if u want to access the port u have to set some of the registers. the registers are following on

1. Data Register (Base Address)

2. Control Register and (Base Address + 1)

3. Status Register (Base Address + 2)

If u set the bit 0 in Data Register u can access a 5V DC in pin 2 and ground pin 25. The example vi following on

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\examples\portaccess\parallel port examples.llb\Parallel Port Read and Write Loop.vi

Siva

Sivaraj M.S
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,193 Views)

@Jiju wrote:

I am jiju i want read 3 volt from parallel port me apply 3 volt pin 2 and 25 , i use ' in port.vi ' but i can't please hepl me , give me any idea

Is this the same as your question from December? Use a realy DAQ device, such as the USB-based one. The parallel port cannot be used to measure voltage levels, unless you just want to see if it's high or low, and even then you have to be careful that you don't damage the parallel port (and consequently your motherboard) if you put in an excessive voltage or current.

@siva_usic wrote:

Jiju,

Using of Parallel port u can't read the voltage if u want to read voltage u should put a parallel ADC (0804) and read external voltage. if u want to access the port u have to set some of the registers. the registers are following on

http://forums.ni.com/t5/BreakPoint/A-plea-for-full-words/m-p/751206

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,181 Views)