From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

panel layout distorts after compiling

I'm a new LabView user and I wrote an operator interface VI that I compiled and installed onto another computer, both the development and target computers have the same resolution 1024x768. The compiled front panel has changes to both button size and boolean text position that aren't in the original layout. Then I opened my original VI on the original computer and the layout got horribly mixed up.

I attached images to show. The "afterbuildingEXE.jpg" image is what I got on computer 2 after I built the .exe. The original layout had the boolean text "Empty" centered vertically on all gray LEDs, just like the first LED. In this image the last 3 texts are shifted up,  and the 'Start Top Row' and 'Start Bottom Row' buttons were originally the same width, but the 'Start Top Row' button shrunk. Worse, I re-opened my original VI on the original computer and got original2.jpg, which is horrible. (I changed 1 variable to make the first Empty text a Remove Short text.) Notice the change in button font size, the larger "Empty" font size, and bottom row button jammed against the first green LED. HELP!
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,593 Views)
Hi wb2nvy,

Would you have changed anything with respect to the fonts (size, font type, etc.) while developing your application?

Also, would you happen to have the "Maintain proportions of Window for different monitor settings" or "Scale all objects on front panel as the window resizes" checked within the vi properties?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Best regards,

Steven C
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,513 Views)
Steven, I made no changes to fonts during developing, and yes I have both of those options checked.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,504 Views)

CORRECTION.  Original2.jpg WAS viewed on 800x600 and the original VI was created on 1024x768. However with the boxes checked that you mention, proportions should have remained unchanged. The afterbuildingEXE.jpg was displayed with the same resolution as it was developed. Hope I haven't confused the issue too much.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,487 Views)
Hi wb2nvy,

I believe that having checked these boxes may have been the cause of this behavior. Please see link below:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/7567EF257B9CFDF986256F630073228F?OpenDocument

I hope this helps. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Steven C
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,457 Views)