LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

packed library

I'm using labview 2010 and trying to use VI server to call an application in a packed library.  I can successfully call a small vi in a packed library, but when I call a large application, the vi takes a long time to load and then hangs when I try to interact with it.  I tried turning off debugging befoe compliling the packed library, but it hasn't helped.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,248 Views)

Any chance you can post your project or a sample project which replicates your method for calling the app out of the lvlibp?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,240 Views)

Here is a stripped down version of my program.  I call a program using vi server and display it in a subpanel.  I have five test programs and one master to rule them all.  I've done it successfully calling a normal vi and also calling a small vi in packed library, but when I try to call a large application in a packed library, it doesn't work.  I suspect it's a memory issue, but wanted to see if anyone had encountered this and found a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,219 Views)
So is the front end shell Test.vi a stripped down version of your master? Can you send the lvlibp and the name of the larger vi which seems to hang? Or maybe just the code in the larger vi which hangs?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,203 Views)