LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output module connections

I am currently using a cRio with a NI 9476 with the D-sub connector kit, so the DAQ has wire terminal outputs. I have found that BNC cables work the best for signal generation, what is the best method of generation signals with wire terminal outputs. I know you cannot convert from wire terminal to coaxial but just looking for suggestions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,265 Views)

I assume you prefer BNC cables because of their easy connectability and because they are shielded.  For bare wires you could use a twisted pair configuration or shield your wires.  You could also convert them to BNC if you like, as there certainly are BNC-Bare wire cables out there.

Doug Farrell
Solutions Marketing - Automotive
National Instruments

National Instruments Automotive Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,236 Views)
For the module I am using is one of the terminals the voltage signal and the other a floating groud, because if there is two voltages I can't convert to BNC?
Message Edited by jonnyj008 on 07-22-2009 02:36 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,225 Views)
That will all depend on what you are connecting...look at the pinout for the device.  If you want to run a common ground between your DUT and the 9476 you can.  If you are just running the wired around you are correct you cannot use BNC because they will all be carrying seperate voltage signals.
Doug Farrell
Solutions Marketing - Automotive
National Instruments

National Instruments Automotive Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,211 Views)