LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oscilloscopes config

I have in my computer a PCI 6025E card if I make selftest for this card in measurement & automation program it pass but when I launch Oscilloscope examples from Labview 7,it give me a Error -10401 occurred at AI Group Config

Possible reason(s):

NI-DAQ LV: The specified device is not a National Instruments product, the driver does not support the device (for example, the driver was released before the device was supported), or the device has not been configured using the Measurement & Automation Explorer.

but when I come back to that software to test my cards again it give me the device has selftest is failed.
please if some one can help me to configure that problem.

Regards,
George
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,952 Views)
Just a hunch- could it be that one uses DAQMx functions while the other uses traditional DAQ funcions? I think MAX is used to set up your card as to which DAQ library to use.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,938 Views)
thank you for your help but I didn't find anything called ADQx please if you can explaine for me the steps howI can do it becuase I'm learning Lab view now thank's again
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,928 Views)
Zamjir:

(Assuming that my hunch is correct, and I may be wrong)

Unfortunately, I only used MAX once to set up a card (it too was a 6025), it has been quite a while now. I currently do not have any PC's with LV development system and cards installed, so I am unable to precisely walk you through the steps. But from emeory, in MAX I think under hardware it will show traditional DAQ and DAQmx devices. You can toggle which drivers your hardware card is set up for. The HW then has to be reset in MAX for the changes to take effect. If your card has been set up to use the new DAQmx drivers, then any programs using traditional DAQ will not work, and visca versa.

I am sure some one will step in here to assist you shortly.

Please post what version of LabView you are using to assist troubleshooting.

Good Luck

-Pete
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,923 Views)
thank you again for your help Pet I hope to fix that problem soon .
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,915 Views)
Hi Zamjir,

In MAX, do you see two NI-DAQmx Devices and Traditional NI-DAQ devices?

We currently have two drivers... Traditional NI-DAQ is the old legacy driver that is being phased out.

DAQmx is our new better driver. LabVIEW comes with examples for both drivers. I HIGHLY suggest that you use the DAQmx driver and DAQmx shipping examples.

From the error you mentioned, I see that the code you were trying to run is Traditional DAQ. I would suggest that you do NOT use that code since your board and LabVIEW is capable of using DAQmx.

In LabVIEW, go to Help >> Find Examples >> Hardware Input and Output >> DAQmx >> Analog Measurements >> Voltage

This will give you a list of analog input shipping examples. Open the example named Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi

This is your basic analog input "oscilloscope" VI. Check out the block diagram to see how it operates.

-Sal
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,901 Views)
thank you for your help now I open that examples and I start read frequency on Lab view
Zamjir
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,894 Views)
I hav eother question I have cable 50 (ASSY182943B-01) how I can use that small board and wich samples it 's connected to it.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,892 Views)
Hi Zamjir,

Can you please rephrase your question? I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.

Your 6025E device requires a 68 pin connector. You will not be able to use your 50 pin connector with it.

-Sal
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,864 Views)
ok where I can use the other board with 50 pins also I have other devices in my computer is PCI 6534 are that device for the 50 PIns boards?.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,860 Views)