From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

osc python labview communication

Hello,

I would like to communicate between Python and Labview through OSC (Open Sound Control). Actually, I want to run some VIs and send the results to Python through OSC protocol and my objective is to use exclusively Open source codes. So I installed labview, python, OSC toolkit and OSC library for python, do you know what should I do thereafter to control my VIs through OSC in python?

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,504 Views)

Hi ziedhosni,

In this link you can observe how to get started on the OSC Library in LabVIEW. There is a very good explanation on how to create the structures for OSC Server or OSC Client, the API and some related links that might be useful for your case. 

Regards,

Luis Calderón

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,463 Views)

Thanks for the link, I looked at it before I wrote here. The problem is that I do not understand very well how the OSC will communicate between python and Labview.

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,456 Views)

Hi ziedhosni,

If you can create a UDP connection and send a OSC Message in Python, the VI in LabVIEW will be able to read it, it is just matter if Python can accomplish it. Basically what you need to do is set the program in Python to what the “Basic LabVIEW OSC Server” or “Basic LabVIEW OSC Client” is doing on the document that I linked before.

Luis Calderón

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,450 Views)