cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open text file

Solved!
Go to solution

hi im using labview 8.0 ...

i have a listbox which list all the text files in the folder.. and i able to this wit ni.

now my problem is let say i double click on the one of the text file  .. i want the text file to be open. how to do tis?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(3,902 Views)
you can do this with activex
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(3,887 Views)

here is a example hope it helps:

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,882 Views)
ITS NOT WORKING .. i need to open .txt type file..may be in notepad. how this is posiible?..
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(3,869 Views)

I was able to open txt files with this try putting this around the code:

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,866 Views)
make sure you put a time delay in that while loop
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(3,862 Views)

jeyanthi wrote:

now my problem is let say i double click on the one of the text file  .. i want the text file to be open. how to do tis?

You can use an ES to look for the List Box double-click event & use the Open/Create/Replace File function to open the double-clicked item (text file) of the list box.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 7 of 19
(3,842 Views)
If you want the file to be opened in Notepad, you need to use the System Exec VI found in the Connectivity pallette & use the command line for launching Notepad application, which in turn will open the text file.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 8 of 19
(3,841 Views)

jeyanthi wrote:
ITS NOT WORKING .. i need to open .txt type file..may be in notepad. how this is posiible?..

Don't shout at someone when you get an answer. Especially when your question is the problem in the first place. If you wanted to open the file with Notepad, why couldn't you simply have said that in the first place?
Message 9 of 19
(3,829 Views)

Don't shout at someone when you get an answer. Especially when your question is the problem in the first place. If you wanted to open the file with Notepad, why couldn't you simply have said that in the first place?

Im sry i didnt shout at anyone the caps in capital letters cos i on the cap lock and i dint change it cos my internet connection is bad. and im sry i post the question in the as i understand and im not good in english. im sry.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,790 Views)