LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open text file

Hi, I'm developing an application in which I create a .txt file. I want to add a boolean control, that, when pressed, the said file should open. By this, I mean I want the window to actually open. I don't want to read the data from labview, I just need the user to open the file from the application and be able to read it.

I've tried to use the Read from file. vi, but this only seems to enable me to read the data and display it the front panel, which is no good for my application.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,527 Views)
Do you mean you want to open it in its native application, e.g. notepad?

In this case you would use "system exec.vi", giving it the desired commandline to open the file. See how far you get. 🙂
Message 2 of 4
(2,524 Views)
On 3 set, 15:10, Ali84 <x...@no.email> wrote:
>Hi, I'm developing an application in which I create a .txt file. I want to add a boolean control, that, when pressed, the said file should open. By this, I mean I want the window to actually open. I don't want to read the data from labview, I just need the user to open the file from the application and be able to read it.
>&nbsp;
>I've tried to use the Read from file. vi, but this only seems to enable me to read the data and display it the front panel, which is no good for my application.
>&nbsp;
>Any ideas?
>&nbsp;
>Thanks.

try to make a binary file creating a cluster of control and save this
structure to a binari file.
I have an example.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,493 Views)
Thanks altenbach, it worked!
0 Kudos