From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open Core engineering - Using labview to control a HCS01

Hi,

I am using a bosch rexroth indradrive HCS01 and I want to control it using labview. Bosch have a specific open core engineering eal4labview sdk on the their website for download. The problem is the instructions to installation are minimal and I am having quite a few problems just running a simple connect to ip address vi. I will attach images of my errors. I am using labview 2015, I am really quite desperate to get this up and running.

Thank you

Simon

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,110 Views)

In addition to images of your Errors, how about attaching the actual VI (or VIs -- for multiples, compress the folder holding them all and attach the .zip, the best way to post a Project)?  Do not send pictures of VIs as they are more frustrating than helpful.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,071 Views)

Apologies, I am constantly recieving error 1172.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,064 Views)

Check if you have the right IP address.

In my case, I'm having this error when I try to power up: getInvocationException: Axis:0 Parameter:P-0-4028.0.0 : Operation data cannot be changed. Everything else I can reach it. But I don't know why I can't this. There some parameters that I have to change in IndraWorks?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,424 Views)

I agree with EdBoy (and apologize for my earlier complaint -- I should have looked at your pictures, I think they tell the whole story).

The IP address you are using, 169.254.x.x, is a special IP address called an Automatic Private IP Addressing address.  It is typically used when connecting to a piece of equipment with an unknown IP for the first time -- the equipment "sees" a connection, can't reach it, then tries to reach it with an IP in this "private" range.  Usually what you do at that point is to say "OK, now I see you, I want to set your IP to be (whatever)".

But how do you "talk" to an IP in this range?  Well, your Network Port must also be set to an address of the form 169.254.x.x (you can choose any value from .0.1 to .255.254), with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0.  Of course, if you have only a single Network Port on your PC, this will definitely disconnect you from the Internet.  You will also need either a "Cross-over Cable", a special Ethernet cable that lets you connect your port with a device directly, rather than going through the network, or an inexpensive 4-port Ethernet "hub" and a second "ordinary" Ethernet cable (you plug your PC and your Device into the hub, it figures out the Cross-over for you).  I always use this method to connect LabVIEW Ethernet hardware to my PC (using a dedicated Network Port, so I can "have my Internet and my Hardware, too").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,411 Views)

Did you ever solve your problem with "P-0-4028.0.0 : Operation data cannot be changed."?

I am getting same error but I have no trouble connecting to drive and can even read motor position.

I get the error when LV runs the "Power" subvi.

I believe the problem is in the Indraworks DS configuration.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,265 Views)