LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on button click stop on respect event in data diagram

I am new in Labview. one big project assign to me I dont unerstand how to analyse it's flow.when I degub the project it open number of forms onr by one. how that control transfer from one vi to other? and my main question it if I click on button of front end (VI) how I can find the data diagram respecte to that button? please help thatnks in advanceSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,105 Views)
right click on button and select find
terminal or local variable or property node to find them in diagram
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,092 Views)

yes I did this but terminals are isolated in digram not connected to any one and property node are connected to data other control but not understand how to stop there only after run

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,075 Views)
when you use event you do not need connect bottom just see your event frame names and try to find your bottom name on them any frame that your bottom name exist in its label relate to your bottom
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,059 Views)

on button click i opened other vi I simply want to stop running program after button click how to do this using breakpoints or other way is there. if I go for debug it take very much time

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,046 Views)

click on subvi and open it use pause button for that and also break point and then run main vi
when you reach that part code will be pause now select run in slow mode then un pause vi to run
in this way you can debug it

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,035 Views)

kiwagh105@gmail.com wrote:
  • I am new in Labview. one big project assign to me

• yes I did this but terminals are isolated in digram not connected to any one and property node are connected to data other control but not understand how to stop there only after run

This could indicate problems.  The first statement indicates a thorough lack of understanding on the part of your manager.  Does your manager also teach children to swim by tossing them over a waterfall?  Large Projects require some training and experience.  I'm sure someone will post a bunch of links to available resources.  The second statement may be related- It sound like you may have "Spaghetti Code."  Likely due to the previous developer being tasked with a project for which they lacked appropriate training and experience.
Do Not despair! It is not going to be easy but you can refactor the code with some training and guidance from these forums.  We will need to see specific code pieces to best help you.  Some good tips on posting good questions are found in the "Help Us Help You" topic
SIDE NOTE: Go to MyNI and Select "Manage Forum Profile"
Capture.PNG
Change your forum alias to anything other than an E-Mail address!  This is a public forum and the ocassional spammer will harvest e-mail addresses.  

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,004 Views)

I agree with Jeff (I almost always agree with Jeff, except when I don't, and then I'm usually wrong ...).  You sound like someone with little familiarity with LabVIEW, especially its Big Ideas (among which is not "graphical language", but rather "Data Flow" and "Parallel architecture").  The set of LabVIEW Tutorials that can be found on the Web or by looking in the upper right corner of the LabVIEW Forum's first page are a good place to start.

If you are having a problem with code, the best way to get suggestions and help is to post the code.  Note that capturing a screen shot of part of a Block Diagram is (almost) completely useless to us -- you may think you've captured the "problem", but if you don't know where the problem is located, how can you be sure?  Another issue is that many "amateur" Block Diagrams are huge, and if you take a picture from a huge monitor and I try to look at it on my laptop, I can't see any details at all!  If you have a single VI, simply attach it when you create a Post.  If you have several VIs (always a good thing -- one common problem with beginner code is the tendency to put all of the code in a single VI, which makes it very difficult to understand the logic), put them all in a Folder, then tell Windows to Compress the Folder (it will make a .ZIP file).  Attach the compressed (.zip) file.

In some cases, particularly if the error is simple (a missing wire, a control inside the loop that should be outside, or vice versa), one of us will simply say "Do it this way".  In other cases, you might get someone (I'm guilty of this) writing a brief Essay on Good LabVIEW Practices and How It Applies to Your Code.  This is usually done in the hopes that you will try to apply the suggestions to your own code, and "do it yourself", almost always the best way to gain expertise.

We look forward to seeing your code and making more specific suggestions.

Bob Schor

P.S. -- follow Jeff's suggestion and change your Forum Name right away -- do not use your e-mail address.  Note that you can always send a Private Message to a Forum User and can "privately" agree to exchange e-mail addresses if that becomes necessary, but this way, you control who has your address and can potentially "abuse" it ...

Message 8 of 12
(2,982 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

I agree with Jeff (I almost always agree with Jeff, except when I don't, and then I'm usually wrong ...).  

I Am so glad I finished my coffee before reading that!

Spoiler
It really is a pain to clean the desk and keyboard when you read something like that after taking a gulp of coffeeSmiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,962 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

I agree with Jeff (I almost always agree with Jeff, except when I don't, and then I'm usually wrong ...).

Except for when Jeff is wrong...which does not usually happen since Jeff has a decent forums filter where he often does not open his mouth to remove all doubt that he is stupid.

Spoiler
"It is better to be silent and let people think you are stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,941 Views)