From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old 2018 vi to nxg web module to browser synchronous connection for third party instruments

I want to use the labview NXG web module to interact Agilent E4980A  from browser, which is now working fine as VI (lv2018) standalone. 

let me know is there any way to reuse old 2018 vi (where user inputs are numeric values and output showing as a chart /graph).

unfortunately I didn't found a single example where a old 2018 Vi's graph values are fetching to labview NXG web module to web browser and according to user input changes on browser it's upgrading the graph/chart values from old 2018 vi !!

Thanks in advance for giving a proper solution. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,735 Views)

Hello SubhasisMahata,

I have done something similar before using a VI running in a deployed machine and a WebVI created from LabVIEW NXG Web Module hosted in SystemLink Cloud.

In my deployed application, I used the SystemLink Messages API (Enabling Communication Using Messages) to listen for incoming commands client. In the WebVI, I used the same API but to send them. Both were communicating with my SystemLink Cloud account using an API key. To send the data back, I used the Tags API, which worked fine since it was a temperature reading (so the acquisition speed wasn't above 2 Hz).

You can find more examples of code using the LabVIEW NXG Web Module here: GitHub - ni/webvi-examples: Examples of WebVI functionality in the LabVIEW NXG Web Module.

I hope this example is useful to you. If you want something different from SystemLink, I presume that you could also do GET/POST requests to a LabVIEW 2018 Web Service, which communicates with your application and forwards the received commands.

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,722 Views)