From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offset voltage when many input signals are involved

When I connect 2 analog signals to chan 0 and chan 1: say chan 0 = 4 V; chan 1 = 2 V. There is an offset of .02 V on chan 1 (i.e. the reading is 2.02 V). All other channels 2-7 are grounded. I am using differential mode. However, when one channel is selected for data acquisition only, then the problem disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,159 Views)
Sounds like you might not have enough interchannel delay so the second channel doesn't have time to settle. The AI Config.vi routine has an input for specifying the amount of delay to insert between reading channels on a scan. The default value is a -1 which tells LV to figure it out on its own--sometimes this value is too short.

To see what LV is selecting, there's a subVI inside AI config called AI Clock Config that outputs the value LV selected. Probing that point while your code is running will give you a starting place for adjusting the interchannel delay.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 3
(2,159 Views)
Bingo!

It's working. Thanks
Gaston
0 Kudos