From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

obtain values of a plot in waveform graph

hi,

is there a way which I could get the values of a plotted graph in Waveform graph?? For instance let's say I acquire some sensor data and display in the waveform graph in real time. Once it is displayed, is there anyway I could obtain the values of the plot in an array which I could later write to a txt file or somethin?

I know it is possible to collect the data in to an array while the sensor data is acquired. I do not want to do this. I want to collect the data after the data is being plotted.

Thanks!

Regards,

Chathuri

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,416 Views)
You must be using a waveform chart and not a graph since that is what is used to display one point at a time. A graph would have an array wired to it. To get all of the values currently displayed on a chart, you can use the property History Data. This is an array of values. The reason I say data currently displayed is that a chart has a limited length that you set with the chart history length. Once you reach the number of points specified with this, old data is dropped as new data is added.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,411 Views)

Hi, Thanks. I just tried it and it is fine. But sorry I forgot to mention earlier that my main objective is to get the timer scale value. How would I get this value?? Because when I checked with the history data property node I realised that the values I get is only for the Y scale but not for the 'time' scale.

Also where can I change the history data length?

Thanks!!

Regards,

Chathuri

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,407 Views)

The x axis data is whatever you specify. With taking a single point, its the wait time you have in your loop. It has nothing to do with the values displayed on the chart unless the loop rate is 1 sec. That is the default for a chart and you need to change it to reflect the actual loop rate. Look at the example called Real Time Chart. There is no array of time values. Only a start time and a dt. You can of course easily create an array from those two values.

To set the history, right click on the chart  and select Chart History Length.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,396 Views)