LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nimxs terminates at system startup after LV8.. installation and how I fixed it

Puhhh,
First I just wanted to (only Smiley Wink ) upgrade from LV 7.1 to 8.0 ... 8.0.1  on my W2K system ...
Always after startup (restart) an Visual C++ error  (Smiley Surprised) pops up indicating that nimxs.exe produced an error and the process was terminated.  Result: No devices in MAX.Smiley Sad

The hotline and some postings in this forum indicated that an un and reinstall of (all?) NI Software might solve the problem.  Oh oh, anotherone day bites the dust  (FREDDY  HELP ME!)

Since all our office PCs have to switch to XP this year I decided to start from scratch ...(next day)...
However, I still got this Error message. Smiley Mad

Another research at the entire NI site and the hint about MAX 4 that helped: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/50600969c3bfefe086257067005125cd

with a minor variance :

1. exit all NI software
2. rename the Data directory at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MAX\Data  to Data2
3. reboot

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

the only thing that is missing now is the mass compile      .... and I have to change my signature

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 1 of 1
(2,604 Views)